Tuesday 28 January 2014

Exploding Soup

Soup.  I love soup.  This weekend I decided that I was going to make soup as a reward to Brian and I for being such good humans and painting our hall.  We have been putting it off for two years...

So, I chopped up a butternut squash, a sweet potato and two carrots.  I put them in a pan with enough veg stock to cover them and then let them boil till they were soft.  

Then I let it cool, put it in the blender, and this happened...


I could have cried.  The bottom of my blender unscrews so that it can go in the dish washer and either I didn't screw it back in tight enough or it worked it's way loose in the blending process.  How unimpressed can one Karen be... fucks sake I was angry!  Almost a whole roll of kitchen roll later, a clean t shirt and a lot of swearing we had tinned soup for lunch, and the kitchen was tidy again.

And do you want to know what the worst bit is?  It was really, really tasty! I ate some from my hand before I cleaned it all up to see if it was worth making again some day.  It was, but if this ever happens again I will not be a happy bunny!

3 comments:

  1. Oh No! That picture is just heartbreaking - even after seeing it before! Your poor soup, kitchen and you. I have left the lid off the blender before and ended up covered in green sauce! But that was my own silly fault! Teehee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually could have cried. I am amazed I didn't... it must have been a good brain day! Ha! x

      Delete
  2. I am still heartbroken over this... just so you all know!!

    ReplyDelete